WANDERLUST: Create a journal & learn to travel sketch
SAT 18 Aug or Sun 19 Aug 2018
Venue: The Social Space (meeting point & pickup point)
All skill levels welcome -- you don’t have to be an artist! (Minimum age 13)
I came, I saw, I instagrammed. That's what most people do today. But what existed before this?
How do you document your experiences, sights, and travels the analog way, with your own hands?
With a camera, you can run around clicking at everything and remembering nothing. With hand-sketching, it is a full body experience, observing, and letting you be in the present. Plus it's a ton of fun!
The workshop will include:
- Creating your own travel journal
- A "How to travel sketch" Talk & Demo
- Guided walk-about of Chinatown neighbourhood for live sketching en plain air (where we'll guide you with your sketching process if you would like!)
- Learn about how to travel sustainably
- A complimentary drink & delicious slice of cake from The Social Space
- All materials to start your own travel sketching:
- Bound hard-cover A5 sketchbook
- fine liner pen
Cost for the 2-hour workshop including art materials, drink & cake: $65
Get your tickets here for Saturday's session
Get your tickets here for Sunday's session
A TRAVEL SKETCH FROM THEIR ARCHIVES